Thursday, July 9, 2015

Yep, I invited you to play my facebook game!

Soooo... what's the big deal?


Hahahaha, so, confession time.  I actually only play one game on Facebook -- sporadically -- and I'm pretty sure I suck at it.  In fact, I've made a point of NOT inviting anyone because hell if I want anyone to see how lousy I am at it.  But it doesn't escape me -- all the posts about "I'm so sick and tired of stupid game invites!"

"I'm gonna start seriously unfriending people if I have to see one more damn candy crush invite!"

To you I say, get a hold of yourself.  Let's put this into perspective just a little bit -- I mean, you're talking about squelching a perfectly good friendship because you got a passing notification that they would like to share with you the bliss that is Candy Crush. (notifications that, by the way, you can actually block... without making snarky commentary and unfriending valuable people.)

What if your sweet friend is thinking, "Boy -- this game has brought me so much joy.  So much satisfaction!  I must share this with as many of my friends as possible!  Because I care!  Because I should certainly not hog up all this fun for just myself!"

C'mon -- they just want you to feel that same kind of elated sense of accomplishment when you also reach level 64!  They have had so much fun avoiding housework, or their actual job for that matter -- while pushing for just one. more. level.

Plus, they would send you a free life, and being their friend, perhaps you could just return that favor.

I mean... really.  Let us put this all in to perspective -- I think you like getting the endless notifications, just so you have something to bitch about... because everyone knows you can block those notifications, no harm, no foul.  There are much better reasons to threaten the culling of the friend list:

Posting pictures of their dinner (every night).
Posting horrific, depressing news articles after something terrible has happened and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Complaining about their job every day.
Complaining about *anything* every day, really.
Making weird, ambiguous, or passive aggressive posts... that is SUPER annoying.

Much more "unfriend worthy" than a friendly, happy game invite... "Hey, come play with me, be happy, everyone can be happy, wheeeee!"

Find something else to make idle threats about.  C'mom.  First world problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment